Sophie Dixon is a cross-disciplinary artist from the UK. Her recent work uses Virtual and Mixed Reality as part of her continued enquiry into how we construct narratives about the past. Less interested in portraying an historic truth, her work explores the connections between events across time – an attempt to open up the spaces between the experience of an event, and our later interpretations of it. Sophie graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fine Art, Kent University, UK, and was awarded the CVAN Platform Graduate award in 2014. She has undertaken residencies in the UK and Europe and has exhibited in solo and group shows, including at CRATE gallery and the Turner Contemporary, UK.
See more of Sophie's research project here.
- 'La Mort de L’arbre' (short film, 2015)
- 'Time. Pressure. Decay' (book, 2015)
- 'Wünschendorf' (short film, 2014)
- 'The Shore' (short film, 2014)
Exhibitions and awards
- Cinecity Film festival, Brighton, UK (2016)
- Solo show, CRATE and Turner Contemporary, UK (2015)
- Group show. [Dis]place, hARTSslane, London (2015)
- Recipient of the CVAN Platform Graduate award (2014)