Documentary movement | Listen to the grass growing | Virginia W.
Kristina Daurova was born in Krasnoyarsk city (Russia, Siberian region, 1988). She is is educated as a philologist (Russian and Polish literature and languages). After graduating, she moved to Poland for a scientific research project based on Polish cinema –Metaphysics in Krzysztof Kieślowski’s films.
Kristina participated in several educational film programmes and different international contemporary dance workshops. She worked as a teacher, a journalist, a translator and as a documentary film programmer and she has been a performer and choreographer. Kristina directed several independent short films and music videos, and she created dance and art performances.
- 2005 – 2010 Siberian Federal University, Faculty of Philology (Russia)
- 2010 – 2011 Wroclaw University, postgraduate program, Faculty of Philology (Poland)
Filmography (selected works)
- 2017 – Listen to the grass growing, short documentary dance film
The film was developed in the context of the Master’s program in Film at The Netherlands Film Academy (2015-2017)
- 2015 –Sadness, short film
The film was made during “Siberian Video Campus” (3-year training program during International Kansk Video Festival, Russia, 2013-2015)
- 2013 – Hourly husband, short film
The script was developed during the Laboratory of short-length films (‘Kultburo’ Project, Moscow, Russia, 2012)
Performances (selected works)
- 2015 – Renaissance, dance performance
- 2013 – Masha and Society, dance performance
- 2012 – In III chapters with an epilog: Chekhov, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, dance performance
- 2014 – Disjointed Performance, (Krasnoyarsk Museum Center, Russia)
- 2016 – EYE Contact, (EYE Film Institute, ‘Research Lab’, The Netherlands)